Attention to the dosage of silane coupling agent KH560: the more the silane coupling agent is used to treat inorganic surface materials, the more the better. The ideal addition amount is to form a single molecular layer on the surface of inorganic materials and react with hydroxyl groups on the surface of inorganic materials, so as to improve the lipophilicity of inorganic materials. If the amount of silane coupling agent is too much, the crosslinking reaction will occur after the coupling agent hydrolyzes itself, which will reduce the mechanical properties of the material.
The properties of silane coupling agent KH560 are as follows
Physical form: colorless or yellowish liquid. Boiling point: 290 ℃. Refractive index: (nd25) 1.4260-1.4280, specific gravity (dd25) 1.065-1.072. Solubility: soluble in water, hydrolysis reaction occurs at the same time, the hydrolysis reaction releases methanol. Soluble in alcohol, acetone and most aliphatic esters at normal use levels below 5%.
Application of silane coupling agent KH560:
1. It is a coupling agent containing epoxy group, which is used for caulking and sealant of polysulfide and polyurethane, adhesive of epoxy resin, filled or reinforced thermosetting resin, glass fiber adhesive and thermoplastic resin for inorganic filler or glass reinforcement.
2. Silane coupling agent KH-560 enhances the electrical properties of epoxy resin based electronic sealants, packaging materials and printed circuit boards, and improves the adhesion between resin and matrix or filler.
3. Silane coupling agent KH-560 can enhance the electrical properties of nylon and polybutylene terephthalate composites filled with inorganic materials.
It is effective for a wide range of fillers and matrices, such as clay, talc, wollastonite, silica, quartz or metals such as aluminum, copper and iron.
4. Specific applications that benefit from the addition of silane coupling agent KH560 include: Quartz filled epoxy sealants, premix formulations, sand filled epoxy concrete repair materials or coatings, and epoxy resin materials for molding tools and metal filling.
5. The requirement of independent primer in polysulfide and polyurethane sealant and caulking compound is eliminated.
6. Silane coupling agent KH-560 can also improve the adhesion of water containing acrylic latex sealant and sealant in the coating based on polyurethane and epoxy resin.
7. Production, packaging and transportation: KH-560 is packed in plastic barrels with net weight of 5kg, 10kg and 20kg, and consigned.
Method of using alkane coupling agent KH560:
If KH-560 is prepared into aqueous solution to treat inorganic matters, the concentration of silane is 0.1-0.5%. The aqueous solution is first adjusted to pH value of 3.0-4.5 with 0.1% acetic acid, and then silane is added dropwise under stirring, usually stirring for 15 minutes to form a clear aqueous solution. In a certain period of time, due to the high concentration of KH-560 point, the oil like polysiloxane polycondensate will settle after some days. Of course, KH-560 can also be dissolved in many organic solvents to prepare solutions for use. In the absence of any solvent, it can also be mixed with mineral fillers in a few minutes under high shear. Silane treated glass or mineral fillers can be heated and dried at 105 ℃ to 120 ℃ to promote the condensation of silanol groups on the surface and remove the by-product methanol. The best drying conditions such as time and humidity should be selected according to the process.
When used as primer, 99 parts of KH-560 and 1 part of organic amine such as phenyldimethylamine (recorded as mixture a) are diluted with about 900 parts of methanol. The primer can be used on the solid surface such as glass or metal, and the polymer can be hot pressed or cross-linked on the surface. The mixture a or KH-560 can also be directly added into the resin system from 0.5 to 2.0 PPH to promote the adhesion of the UN primed adhesive.
Author: silane coupling agent source: en.gbxfsilicones.com